Thursday, February 19, 2009

1. The view I get everyday as I ride my bike home. This is a low fog bank around Orcas Island.
Orcas Island

2. I did a ski ascent of Mt. St. Helens a few weeks back. This was a lunch stop around 6000 feet. The winds were blowing hard. Mt. Hood in Oregon is in the background.
Elevation

3. At the end of winter break I went on a short road trip around the edge of the Olympic Peninsula with my friends Ko and Cameron. The first night we slept in the Hoh rainforest, a few miles north of here. This is the mouth of the Hoh River.
Mouth of the Hoh River

4. That morning we saw the Roosevelt Elk herd wandering around the old growth rainforest.
Roosevelt Elk

Here is an article talking about the Hoh ecosystem.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008667916_wolves25.html?syndication=rss

5. We ran into some big trees on the way.
Oh, hello tree

6. Hummingbirds outside the window in Seattle.
Hummingbird

7. Logan at Christmas, hamming it up for the camera.
Logan

No comments: